- Regularly create high quality, valuable content
- Actively promote your blog
- Don't make a reasonable hourly wage
- Spend more time checking ad/earning stats than creating high-quality, valuable content
- Are more interested in monitoring traffic than promoting your blog
- Also don't make a reasonable hourly wage
If you are a Scenario #1 blogger: Keep doing what you're doing; you will likely be rewarded sooner or later. You are a winner.
If you are a Scenario #2 blogger: Punt the ads, get off the daily traffic rollercoaster and spend your time doing something productive; like building and promoting a blog you can be proud of. Winners do it.
That is all.